Dr. Darren Albert
Dr. Darren Albert, MD, CM, FRCSC, CPSQ, Dip. ABO
A native of Montreal, Dr. Albert is a certified Practicing Ophthalmologist, Surgeon, and Low Vision Specialist.
Dr. Albert has performed over 10,000 cataract procedures and is an active member of several scholarly and professional associations. Through his writing, speaking, and committee work, he has made important contributions to vision research, treatment, and medical care internationally.
Dr. Albert’s accomplishments and professional affiliations include:
• Medical Degree and Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Ophthalmic Pathology, McGill University.
• Fellowship in Vision Rehabilitation, McGill University and Lighthouse International, a world renowned vision rehabilitation institute in New York, NY.
• Chief of the Ophthalmology Service at Anna Laberge Hospital on Montreal’s South Shore.
• Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Montreal.
• Has helped establish training programs to improve vision care in South America, India, Europe, Canada, and the United States.
• Active Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Vision Rehabilitation Committee.
• Author of numerous articles and book chapters; frequent invited speaker at major Ophthalmology Conferences Internationally.
Royal College of Surgeons of Canada, Canadian Ophthalmology Society, American Board of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Association des medecins ophthalmologists du Quebec.